i have an apple computer. do i have mac or windows or neither of the two?
I WANT TO UPGRADE MY BROWSER BUT WHEN I TRY TO THE BROWSER WON'T UPGRADE.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.10
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Apple = Mac.
(1) Is the problem that Firefox starts going through the motions of upgrading but fails, or that it never even tries?
(2) Do you use Firefox Sync? There have been changes in the service and before you update Firefox, someone should advise you on that.
If Firefox isn't trying to update, you can use the Help menu's About Firefox dialog to kick off the process.
Or if you can't upgrade normally, you can install Firefox again. Don't remove your personal settings, you want to keep those in place.
You can download Firefox 37.0.2 from the following page (scroll down to your language): https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/
Then see: How to download and install Firefox on Mac.