This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox crashes when opening a page or a tab. Some crashes have a popup "Plugin Container crashes". Firefox crashes with the popup when in safe mode.
All Replies (2)
Crashes or other problems with certain multimedia content in Firefox (such as YouTube videos and Flash animations or games) can often be resolved by performing the steps in these Knowledge Base articles:
Please tell us if this helped!We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
Modified by guigs
You can try to set all plugins to "Ask to Activate" on the "Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Plugins" page.
You can check for problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions and try this:
- check for updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin