New version of Firefox will not load.
It automatically updated 2/24/15 and now will not start, just error message. firefox.exe Entry point Not Found The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorinformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
Modified by jzube
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Presto/2.10.229 Version/11.60
hi jzube, are you on windows xp service pack 3?
xp service pack 2
ok, then please try to update to sp3 as this might address this issue.
sorry, before you do any updates: mozilla's engineers are interested in looking into that matter more closely but would need further information. can you perform those steps:
- first, please downgrade back to firefox 35, which you can obtain and install from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/35.0.1/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2035.0.1.exe
- you'd then need to produce a crash report - this will give the developers more information about your system environment. please download the following extension file: http://crashme.googlecode.com/files/crashme.xpi
- open firefox 35.0.1 and go to the menu ≡ > addons, click on the gear icon on the top right of the addons manager, go to the "install addon from file" entry and navigate to the crashme.xpi file you have just downloaded in the step before to install it.
- then go to extensions and click the options button next to the "Crash Me Now!" addon - there you will find another "Crash me!" button - please hit that, which will crash the browser and bring up a crash reporter window. in there make sure that you select "tell mozilla about this crash..." and click on "restart firefox".
- finally after the browser is up again, type "about:crashes" into the location bar, copy the link of the latest crash report that you have just generated (it's a long string starting with bp) and please report back with this crucial piece of information here in the forum.
thank you for your help!
I already downgraded to 34.0.5 before your response to upgrade to sp3. I cannot upgrade the os because of compatibility issues and important files dealing with old audio equipment. If i have to upgrade I will just have to wait to get a new computer. Will this crash report help if I am currently using 34.0.5?
hi jzube, thanks for following up with us :))
yes the crash report would help a lot (no matter if you're on 35 or 34). it would be great if you could follow the procedure from step 2.) and report with the results.
hi jzube, sorry to bother you again, but it would be kind of urgent to receive the information of a mock crash on the system as described at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1048505#answer-696058 since this is the missing piece of information that developers would need to work on a fix for the problem.
hi again, mozilla has just released an update to firefox 36.0.1 which should address the problem: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/36.0.1/win32/