How can set a different search engine every time I'm doing a search on a selected word of the page I'm visiting?
With the new Firefox 35 I'm not able to do this, it uses every time the default search engine, in this case "Google"
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.13
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Creative Cloud is installed on this machine.v_2_0_0_0
- Fornisce informazioni sul browser web di default
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuakeLive Plugin is required for QuakeLive
- QuickTime Plugin consente di visualizzare una grande varietà di contenuti multimediali nelle pagine Web. Per maggiori informazioni, visita il sito QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Modified by _ika
No it's different, for example when I read a review a music album or an article about music I used to select the text and search directly for something about it on youtube for example, without going in the browser options, simply by selecting the search engine down in the quick search, without changing the default search engine every time.
For a while now, Firefox has set all search methods, including the location bar and the page web search you are asking about, to the same search engine as set for the searchbar.
Change the selection used by the searchbar by default (not just for an individual search) and the page search will use that.
- Click on the small arrowhead on the search bar and use the option to change the default search engine to some new choice.
- See Search the Web on Firefox
P.S. This was introduced as a security feature. Adware and malware was changing Firefox settings. This change may be inconvenient for some but gives control back to users. There may be addons that help.
Modified by John99
There are countless search related addons.
This one although not specifically allowing you to select google for page search will at least allow different search engines in different methods.
- Keyword Search 220.127.116.11 https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/keyword-search
- And here are the countless (Well a few hundred depending on parmeters used) addons https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?atype=1&cat=13
In this case , this addon may be useful...