I cannot access common web site like Paypal. I get an "Untrusted Connection" screen. I have accessed Paypal in the past. This also happens with Capital One.
Just in the past week, when I try to access many web sites, including PayPal and Capital One, I get a Untrusted Connection screen and it prevents me from entering these sites.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Content Blocker Google Chrome Extension
- Chrome Virtual Keyboard
- Online Banking Google Chrome Extension
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- This plug-in enables downloading with the Download This Video button
- This plug-in enables downloading of HTML5 videos
- This plug-in enables downloading of Flash videos
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
hello ra12rick, first please make sure that the date, time & timezone are set correctly on your system. if this doesn't solve the issue (or it is already set properly), a possible solution depends on different factors:
- what is the error code shown under technical details on the error page?
in case the error code equals sec_error_unknown_issuer, please attempt to add an exception on the bottom of the error page & inspect the certificate (see the screenshot attached for instructions):
- which issuer information does the certificate contain?