Corrupt FireFox x64 zip file /firefox/nightly/2014-12-02-03-02-01-mozilla-central/firefox-37.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.zip
After the download of the file "/firefox/nightly/2014-12-02-03-02-01-mozilla-central/firefox-37.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.zip" (and also the others like "/firefox/nightly/2014-12-02-03-02-01-mozilla-central/firefox-36.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.zip" from this month and last month (that I tested), there is an error when opening the file "! C:\...\Downloads\firefox-37.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.zip: Unexpected end of archive". It looks like there is corruption when creating the zip file (for a while now). I am using WinRar 4.01 x64 and I also tried with 7zip 9.20 with same result.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Version 188.8.131.5258
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- The VMware Client Support Plug-in
- VMware Remote Console Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
Try to download the file again. Sounds like the download was incomplete.
Does this also happen with 32 bit builds?
64 bit versions for Windows aren't tested like the 32 bit versions and might break at any time. Also make sure that your security software isn't corrupting the downloads.
Try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes downloading work.
Hi, I am using firefox (latest release 32bit) for the download from the ftp site. I also tried WinSCP and with WinSCP I get an error message lost connection at the end of the download. That gave me an idea ... I tried the same path download but instead of FTP:// I tried the HTTP:// and with the http protocol (for the download) it worked. It look that there is a problem with the ftp site on Mozilla Server.
Someone should mention Mozilla that their FTP server need at lest a reboot , hopefully it will solve the download bug.