Always want to open Comcast with FF, but IE intervenes.
I am using a laptop running Win 8, and I ALWAYS want to open Comcast with Firefox, which I set up to be my default browser. But after creating a shortcut icon to the Comcast URL on Firefox, Comcast still opens with IE. I can't find where anyone else has reported this exact same problem, which is very frustrating. Please help!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Is it a "tile" on the modern start page or a desktop shortcut on the classic desktop?
I'm not sure there is a way to connect a tile to Firefox; unlike a desktop shortcut, it is more than just a URL that gets opened in the default browser. Still, Windows 8 has been out for a long time now, so someone might know a trick for that.
If the problem is on the desktop side, let Firefox check that it is the default browser. This article has the steps for that: Make Firefox your default browser.