cannot play video content
hi i have tried eveything i think all plug ins active flash , silverlight all up to date , any website i go on with a video embeded as i press play it blacks out the viedo box no controls shown ??
but it works on my safari so is not security although i turned of
any ides best dan
Additional System Details
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.1685
- CIG Download
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
With the last Firefox upgrade, some plugins are no longer enabled until you enable it.
Type about:addons<Enter> in the address bar to open your Add-ons Manager. Hot key; <Control>(Mac:<Command>)<Shift> A)
On the left side of the page, select Plugins.
BTW; At the top right is a link to check your plugins.
thankyou fredmcd but have checked all pluins all enabled
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.