Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

I can't add a second email account. I get a message next to the password field 'Username or password invalid'. I can login to gmail web ok, imap is enabled.

dwh1

I have setup TB using a gmail account and is working fine. When I try to add another gmail account I get an error 'Username or password invalid'. I can login to this second gmail account through the web at gmail and the account has imap enabled.

ps - i've been using these accounts for years through the web

Thanks

I have setup TB using a gmail account and is working fine. When I try to add another gmail account I get an error 'Username or password invalid'. I can login to this second gmail account through the web at gmail and the account has imap enabled. ps - i've been using these accounts for years through the web Thanks

All Replies (2)

Do you have 2-factor authentication enabled for the account?

Chosen Solution

I also tried deleting TB altogether and reinstalled trying the problem gmail account and it still didn't work.

While checking on the 2-factor authentication, which I don't use, i noticed something. The working gmail account allowed 'access for less secure apps' and my problem account didn't. I enabled that and was able to add it to TB. All works now!

Not sure if the less secure apps is a good thing, but its working.

Thanks Christ1