This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I had a folder that was a part of firefox in the book marks are called Recently Bookmarked. It has now disappeared and i would like to know how to get it back?
This folder was not one I created, but it appeared to be a part of the bookmark area. It save all recently saved book marks and was called "Recently Bookmarked". I used this feature last night and this morning when I went to use fire fox, it is gone.
I tried restarting Firefox and it still has not fixed the problem. My question is, How do I get this feature back or how do I create a folder where everything I book mark goes into the folder until I can sort the book marks into the proper folders? thank you for your help
All Replies (2)
- "Recently Bookmarked" is a so called Smart Bookmark that shows the result of a place query in a list.
- "Most Visited" and "Recently Bookmarked" and "Recent Tags" are examples of so called Smart Bookmarks folders and are not real existing folders.
- Smart folders show a list created by a query of the places.sqlite database that stores bookmarks and history in Firefox.
- Smart folder lists show a maximum of 10 entries by default.
- Bookmarks and history items that show up in a smart folder list are stored elsewhere in another folder and any changes made are applied to the real bookmark or history item.
hello tlbrwb, please try this in order to restore the recently bookmarked folder: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion - right-click and reset that entry to the default value and restart firefox once.