is Xmarks the same as Sync or do I have to uninstall Xmarks???
I was using Xmarks now tried the new sync and everything got screwed up, I was wondering if Xmarks is the same or is it something completely different , separate program , not with firefox.?
Xmarks is completely different. You can uninstall xmarks and just use Firefox sync if you want.Read this answer in context 5
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Xmarks is completely different. You can uninstall xmarks and just use Firefox sync if you want.
Xmarks is a separate service operated by a different company, now part of LastPass. More info: http://www.xmarks.com/about/company
The advantage of Xmarks, assuming it works, is that it syncs with browsers other than Firefox, too.
I am not familiar with this issue of a possible conflict between Xmarks and Firefox Sync. Hopefully a Sync expert can help you sort that out.
What we need to know is If we use Sync will all of the data saved and imported via xmarks remain, or will it be LOST?
Using both Xmarks and Sync at the same time doesn't work out, as reported here by many users who have tried.
Once you disable the Xmarks add-on, your bookmarks will remain in Firefox. But if you were using the Xmarks "tags" feature your "tags" don't appear in Firefox. Xmarks "tags" aren't compatible with Firefox's tag system [from what Xmarks users have said]. But Sync will use the Firefox "tags" once you get them setup in Firefox.
No reason to change from xmarks then, more trouble than it's worth.
which one works better ? xmarks sync or sync in firefox sync?
It's all personal preference :)