Updated to Firefox 30.0 now Citrix Receiver will not open
I am finding out that anyone that has updated the recent firefox 30.0 is not able to open Citrix Receiver. It will open the app window but will not open the citrix receiver to open FM. I have multiple people that has upgraded and cannot open FM. I, too, had just upgraded today to 30.0 and now does not open FM. Earlier in the morning, I was able to open and use Firefox 29.0/FM.
I disabled all plugins ...it will open a pop window to 'Open with' Citrix Receiver (default). And yes - it will open our apps now. So now..... Either firefox or citrix needs to adapt. Please fix so that I don't have to disable the app plugins for 200+ users. ThanksRead this answer in context 11
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- TVT Safari WebClient
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
I disabled all plugins ...it will open a pop window to 'Open with' Citrix Receiver (default). And yes - it will open our apps now. So now..... Either firefox or citrix needs to adapt. Please fix so that I don't have to disable the app plugins for 200+ users. Thanks
Same problem. After the 30 upgrade, logging into the SaaS provider from my work laptop and clicking the provided link to initiate Citrix, nothing happens. Citrix doesn't start. Do I really have to go through the downgrade uninstall / install 29 to get Firefox working again>
This problem has been reported in Bugzilla and occurs on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. With the update to FF 30, the plugin manager changed such that most or all plugins including Citrix now default to "Ask to Activate" mode. This means that when you click on your Citrix App, an alert should show up on the notification bar asking if it's okay to proceed. For some reason this doesn't happen on Citrix App pages. The cleanest solution that I've seen it to set the Citrix plugin to "Always Activate" behavior. To do this, open the Add-ons manager (Ctrl-Shift-A or type about:addons in the address bar or choose Add-ons from the menu). Then click Plug-ins to make modifications.