This thread was closed and archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I get rid of Trovi which redirects
please give my step-by-step how to get rid of Trovi
All Replies (3)
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this adware. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Adware gets on your computer after you have installed a freeware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this browser hijacker.
You can use the below steps to revert back to adware-less Firefox.
1) Reset Prefs
- Navigate to about:config in your Address Bar
- Press the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button to proceed
- Search for Trovi and reset all prefs that pull up by right clicking > Reset
2) Remove any programs that you don't recognize or remember installing from your Control Panel (Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program)
3) Remove any extensions that you don't recognize or remember installing from Firefox.
- Firefox 29 and above:(Press the menu button ( > Add-ons > Extensions)
- Firefox 28 and below:(Go to the orange Firefox button > Add-ons > Extensions)
4) Download ADW Cleaner to wipe out any remnants of the adware.
I personally think that thoroughly removing Conduit Search Protect/ Conduit Toolbar/ any other Conduit-related bars should resolve your Trovi redirection. Additionally, I suggest you examine your program settings (add/remove, programs & features), remove PUAs (Possibly Unneeded Applications) as the said Trovi usually comes with foistware; perform a virus scan under Safe Mode using an up-to-date anti-spyware software like Avast!.
Modified by Moses
PearlKing, don't dig up old threads.