How do I get rid of Trovi which redirects
please give my step-by-step how to get rid of Trovi
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.10
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this adware. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Adware gets on your computer after you have installed a freeware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this browser hijacker.
You can use the below steps to revert back to adware-less Firefox.
1) Reset Prefs
- Navigate to about:config in your Address Bar
- Press the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button to proceed
- Search for Trovi and reset all prefs that pull up by right clicking > Reset
2) Remove any programs that you don't recognize or remember installing from your Control Panel (Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program)
3) Remove any extensions that you don't recognize or remember installing from Firefox.
- Firefox 29 and above:(Press the menu button ( > Add-ons > Extensions)
- Firefox 28 and below:(Go to the orange Firefox button > Add-ons > Extensions)
4) Download ADW Cleaner to wipe out any remnants of the adware.
I personally think that thoroughly removing Conduit Search Protect/ Conduit Toolbar/ any other Conduit-related bars should resolve your Trovi redirection. Additionally, I suggest you examine your program settings (add/remove, programs & features), remove PUAs (Possibly Unneeded Applications) as the said Trovi usually comes with foistware; perform a virus scan under Safe Mode using an up-to-date anti-spyware software like Avast!.
Modified by Moses
PearlKing, don't dig up old threads.