This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I do not like the FF29 GUI so I uninstalled and reverted to FF28, how do I disable the upgrade nags?
I join the throngs of my friends and global online posters that do not like the seemingly hobbled calamity that is FF29; I also need ForecastFox daily, and never intend to switch to FF29. If I have to learn a new GUI, I may as well install Opera or Chrome. How can I disable the incessant update nags so I can stay loyal to FF? Thank you.
All Replies (1)
You should still consider to give Firefox 29 a try to get the latest security fixes.
It is possible to undo a lot of those changes via extensions or otherwise via code in userChrome.css and we can provide instructions about how to achieve this.
In current Firefox releases (29 and later), that have have the Australis user interface, the orange Firefox menu button has been replaced by the three-bar Firefox Menu button at the far right end of the Navigation Toolbar and this button is always visible, whether you have the menu bar visible or hidden
A consequence of this location is that you no longer can hide the Navigation Toolbar
- There is a star like button to the right end of the search bar on the Navigation Toolbar to bookmark the current web page and a "Show your bookmarks" button next to it to open the Bookmarks in a drop down menu.
You can find "Show All Bookmarks" to open the Bookmarks Manager (Library) at the bottom of this drop-down list
- It is still possible to have the menu bar visible via the right-click context menu on the toolbars to have menus like the Bookmarks menu
You can look at the Classic Theme Restorer extension to restore some functionality that was lost with the arrival of the Australis style in Firefox 29.
- Classic Theme Restorer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
- You can check out the settings of the CTR extension via its Options/Preferences button on the "Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" page.
- You can find extra toolbar buttons and more toolbar settings in Customize (3-bar Firefox menu button > Customize)
Modified by cor-el