Learn the Basics. Get Started
- Calendar integration into Thunderbird Starting with Thunderbird 38, Lightning has been packaged with Thunderbird. Learn more about setting up calendars for events and tasks in Thunderbird.
- Ignoring threads The Ignore Thread (or Subthread) feature is very useful for mailing lists. It lets you skip reading the rest of a conversation you're not really interested in.
- Make Thunderbird the Default Mail Client If Thunderbird is specified as your system's default email application, it will integrate with other applications (such as word processors and web browsers).
- Thunderbird and Gmail Thunderbird can be set up to work seamlessly with Google's Gmail. Messages will be synchronized between your local version of Thunderbird and web-based Gmail.
- Protect your Thunderbird passwords with a Master Password Make Thunderbird require you to enter a master password in order to view or use passwords you've told Thunderbird to remember.
- Installing an Add-on in Thunderbird Add-ons add functionality to Thunderbird or change its appearance. Learn how to install add-ons to Thunderbird.
- Maildir in Thunderbird Discussion of the Maildir interface introduced in version 38.
- Thunderbird Accessibility Features Find out about all of the Accessibility features available in Thunderbird.