Tips and tricks
Learn tips and shortcuts to help you work faster
- Display the Thunderbird menus and toolbar The menu items File, Edit, View, etc. are located in the menu bar. This article will help you restore a missing menu bar.
- Thunderbird and Junk / Spam Messages This article explains how Thunderbird's adaptive filter learns to identify junk mail ("spam").
- Switch from POP to IMAP account This article explains how to switch from a POP to an IMAP account in Thunderbird.
- Cannot send messages If you cannot send messages, this page provides a series of steps you can use to check for common problems.
- Message threading in Thunderbird - keep messages grouped by conversation Threading is a useful way of displaying message list in Thunderbird with your messages grouped in tree structures by conversations. Here's how to enable it.
- Cannot receive messages If you cannot receive messages, this page provides a series of steps you can use to check for common problems.
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Searching This page describes the keystroke combinations used to access various search functions in Thunderbird.
- Hyperlinks in Messages Not Working When clicking hyperlinks in email, your default web browser should open and display their content. Learn why that may fail and why links may not be clickable.
- Ignoring threads The Ignore Thread (or Subthread) feature is very useful for mailing lists. It lets you skip reading the rest of a conversation you're not really interested in.
- Thunderbird and Logjam Thunderbird no longer supports 512 bit (so called US export) keys for TLS connections.
- Keyboard Shortcuts TB Keyboard shortcuts are quick key combinations that replace mouse navigation. This is a list of commonly used keyboard shortcuts in Thunderbird.
- Open Search Instantly take part of a message and search for it in Bing, Yahoo, Twitter or other websites.
- Thunderbird Accessibility Features Find out about all of the Accessibility features available in Thunderbird.