This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Firefox comes with the Pocket button so you can save web pages and view them later in a clutter-free mode. Try these steps if you don't see the Pocket button in your toolbar or menu.
Table of Contents
Make sure Pocket for Firefox is available in your region
Pocket for Firefox is currently available in Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Czech, Dutch, English (U.S., U.K. and South Africa), French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil and Europe), Russian and Spanish (Spain and Mexico) versions of Firefox 41 and up. If your language is not on the list, stay tuned. There are more languages coming in future versions.
Disable the old Pocket add-on
Pocket for Firefox is disabled by default if you already have the Pocket add-on. The old add-on will no longer receive security or feature updates in countries where Pocket for Firefox is available, so we recommend transitioning for the most up-to-date and reliable experience:
- Click the menu button , followed by .
- Go to the Extensions panel.
- Click the button for Pocket.
- Restart Firefox. The new Pocket button will appear in your toolbar when Firefox restarts.
Move the Pocket button to your toolbar or menu
After you've disabled the old add-on and verified that you're in a supported locale, activate Pocket for Firefox by following these steps:
- Click on the menu button , then click . and select
- Drag the Pocket button to your favorite spot on the toolbar or menu panel.