Social Support Tools and Workspace
There are a number of tools that can be used to set up your workspace. This article will include two popular and easy tools to set up.
Table of Contents
Tweetdeck is a free tool that sets up a dashboard for your twitter account. It includes options like searches, notifications and direct message filtering in different views. For more information about the tool check out their website Getting Started with TweetDeck or you can use the recommended community set up for your own personalized experience:
- Go to http://tweetdeck.twitter.com/ and login with your Twitter account
- In the upper-left corner of the page click Search Twitter, paste the following query and press Enter:Firefox OR Mozilla exclude:nativeretweets exclude:retweets -#fxhelp -OR -filter:replies
A new dashboard will be created with our recommended settings.
- Click the button at the upper-right corner of the newly created dashboard to customize it, then click the arrow at the far left next to Content to expand the content section.
- In the field Excluding insert #fxhelp OR filter:replies that filter will eliminate from your search tweets containing #fxhelp previously answered by a contributor who participated in Army of Awesome, not called Social Helpers.
- You can select the range dates of the tweets that you want to answer using From and To (We recommend to not to answer very old questions, stick to the last two weeks).
- Next to Written In select the language of tweets you would like to see. It looks like this below:
In Preferences you can choose to receive notifications for each new tweet that matches your content filters.
[Video] Configuring TweetDeck
How to ignore a user
Sometimes a user is not very happy with our replies or behaves poorly when responding. You can use the mute feature to not see their tweets in order to avoid future problems.
Mute is a feature that allows you to remove an account's Tweets from your timeline without unfollowing or blocking that account. Muted accounts will not know that you’ve muted them and you can unmute them at any time.
Assuming you are logged in the TweetDeck, you can see the following environment:
Click on the username and you can see the following window
Click on the button
And select Mute @username
[Video] How to ignore user
Get Search for older answers from previous Social Support Replies
To help users we can take a look at the answers already used by other users in the program. You may have to evaluate if the answer is similar to the tweet that you are trying to respond too, but this is the best way to learn from examples. To view these create a new column with this example:
- In the upper-left corner of the page click Search Twitter
- Search for #fxhelp RAM (or other queries like #fxhelp crash)
- When you press enter, a new column will be created with your search.
Click the button next to the search bar
Select your language in Written in.
If you want, you can just type in other searches like #fxhelp Crash
[Video] Get Search for older answers from previous Social Support Replies
Different Language Searches are included in the Social Support Documentation, see the section below.
Configuring a Twitter Search
There are some searches that you can takes from this list depending on your language preference: (If you notice that there is a better search, be sure to submit a change to this article to change the link to a better search. Don't see your language? email email@example.com)