Personalize Firefox - an overview of customization options
- Revision id: 41171
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: Added section about services for Fx22
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
Firefox was made with customization in mind. We'll show you how to make Firefox work the way you do - add features, change the way it works and keep it in sync with your mobile device.
Table of Contents
Add features with Add-ons
Add-ons are like apps that you install to add bells & whistles to Firefox. You can get add-ons that do all kinds of things, like compare prices, check the weather or listen to music.
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the buttonOn the menu bar, click on the menuAt the top of the Firefox window, click on the , and then click menu . The Add-ons Manager tab will open. Click the menu button and choose . The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the panel.
- Here you can browse or search for all kinds of add-ons. To see more information about something, just click it. You can then click the green
button to install it.
For more, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox
Add style - use a theme to change the look of Firefox
Make Firefox match your style! Choose from thousands of themes designed by users around the world. With a single click you can dress up your browser however you want.
- Browse thousands of Firefox themes. Mouse over a theme to try it on or click to install it.
To learn more, see Use themes to change the look of Firefox
Add social features with Firefox Services
Keep up with friends, see the stories people are talking about and more with Firefox services. Services let you integrate the features of a site like Facebook right into Firefox.
- To learn more, see Add social features to the Firefox sidebar
Use plugins to play audio, video, games and more
Plugins are small bits of third-party software like the Adobe Flash Player or Apple's Quicktime.
Because plugins can cause browser crashes or pose security risks when they get out of date, make sure to use our handy tool to make sure they are current:
Adapt Your Interface
The Firefox interface has been designed to be as easy and intuitive as possible. But everyone has their own specific needs and you can always adjust the interface to be exactly the way you like it.
- Right-clickHold down the Ctrl key while you click
an empty section of the Tab Strip and select . The Customize Toolbar window opens.
Learn more - Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars
Stay in Sync
Sync seamlessly connects your desktop and mobile Firefoxes, so you can access your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks and even open tabs no matter which device you use.
- See, How do I set up Sync on my computer? for detailed instructions.