This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Never miss another update! Keep up with the latest stories and updates by adding social features from various websites right in the Firefox sidebar.
Table of Contents
Add social features to Firefox
You can load content from a number of websites right into your sidebar:
- Saavn Music
- Mixi (available only in Japan)
- Weibo (available only in Chinese)
- The Services for Firefox page lists other available services.
- Visit one of these pages.
- Click the button on the page. A confirmation message will appear.
- Click in the message.
Turn social features off and on
- Add the sidebar button to your toolbar or menu if you haven't already.
- Click on the sidebar button to see a list of services.
- Click on the service that you'd like to display.
- To turn a service off, click on the sidebar button and click on the active service to uncheck it.
You can activate multiple feeds and switch between them.
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner of your sidebar.
- Click to select the site you want to load.
Disable or remove a feed
If necessary, you can remove a service from Firefox.
- Click the menu button , click and select .
- The Services panel will list all the social networks and content providers you've installed.
- Find the site you want to remove and click on next to it.
Having trouble? Here are some things you can try
If you see a message in the sidebar that Firefox can't connect with a service, click thebutton. If that doesn't work, you may just have to wait a bit for it to become available again.