How to set the home page
- Revision id: 53218
- Creator: Joni
- Comment: Ready for review: made minor edits to the steps.
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
We'll show you how to automatically open any site you want when you launch Firefox.
Important: If your home page was hijacked, see Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.
Set or change your home page
- Open the website you want to set as your home page.
- Click the icon to the left of the web address, drag it to the Home button, and release.
- Click to set this as your home page.
Tip: Can't decide on just one site? Click onin the Firefox menu and try the following customizations in the panel:
- To load multiple home pages, open each page in a separate tab, and click .
- To load pages from your last visit, select "Show my windows and tabs from last time" on the drop-down menu.
Restore the default home page
If you want to delete your home page customizations, this is the way to do it.
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the panel.
- In the Startup box, click
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
We have answers:
- If you keep getting the "Firefox has just updated" tab every time Firefox starts, see the article Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix.
- If your home page settings are not saved, see How to fix preferences that won't save.