How to set the home page
- Revision id: 53193
- Creator: Joni
- Comment: WIP: Changed intro and removed outdated steps on how to set a b
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
We'll show you how to automatically open any site you want when you launch Firefox.
Important: If your home page was hijacked, see Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.
Set or change your home page
- Open the website you want to set as your home page.
- Click the icon to the left of the web address, drag it to the Home button, and release.
- Click to set this as your home page.
Tip: Can't decide on just one site? Navigate to themenu, click on , and select the following settings on the panel:
- To load multiple home pages, open each page in a separate tab, and click .
- To load pages from your last visit, select "Show my windows and tabs from last time."
Restore the default home page
If you want to delete your home page customizations, this is the way to do it.
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the panel.
- In the Startup box, click
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
We have answers:
- If you keep getting the "Firefox has just updated" tab every time Firefox starts, see the article Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix.
- If your home page settings are not saved, see How to fix preferences that won't save.