How to set up the Firefox OS desktop build
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Running the Firefox OS Simulator can be very useful for developers, tinkerers, and curious minds wanting to get a feel for how the Firefox OS operates.
Table of Contents
Use the Firefox OS Simulator add-on
Running the Firefox OS add-on for the Firefox browser is the quickest and easiest way to get it working in under a minute, and it works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Install the Firefox OS Simulator
Please follow these easy steps to install and run the Firefox OS Simulator add-on for Firefox:
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Open this link to the Firefox OS Simulator add-on.
- Click on the button . Firefox will download the requested add-on and ask you to confirm that you want to install it.
- Click on the button – the add-on will be installed.
Run the Firefox OS Simulator
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button.At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu.At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu (on Ubuntu in the menu bar, click on ).On the menu bar, click on the menu.
- Go over to the menu, and click .
- On the left side of the simulator window, click on the switch
so that it will turn to .
- The simulator will start and you may now start playing with Firefox OS!Tip: Use the or on your keyboard to simulate the home button on the device. + buttons