Firefox Translations is an add-on that helps translate web sites in Firefox without using the cloud.
When you visit a web page that is not in the language that you have Firefox set to, the Firefox Translations toolbar will appear. The language that the page is in should be shown (you can change this if required) and by selecting Translate the page will be translated into the language you have Firefox set to. As the page is being translated, there is a counter at the top of the page to advise you how many elements have yet to be translated to give you an idea of progress.
Once the translation has finished, you can select the "Translate this tab automatically as you browse" button to keep that tab translated so you can navigate to another page without manually having to translate it.
Before starting the translation, there are some options to choose from:
- Options on the toolbar allow you to include the translation of forms and to highlight potential errors in red.
- From the Options button on the right hand side of the toolbar, you can select to
- Never translate a language
- Never translate a website
- Translation preferences - will open the Firefox Settings where you can set the display language for Firefox and set exceptions for Firefox Translations.