Table of Contents
- 1 Can I change an mask that I have automatically generated?
- 2 I don't see the icon to generate a new mask in the text field, what can I do?
- 3 Can I reply to an email from my dashboard?
- 4 Can I use symbols when I create a mask for my domain?
- 5 Can I change the name of my domain later?
- 6 Which data do you collect and how do I disable data collection?
- 7 What is the difference between a regular email mask and a custom domain email mask?
- 8 Can I reuse a mask that I already created?
- 9 Can I reuse or generate a mask for any website?
- 10 Can I reuse a mask that I have disabled?
- 11 Can I reuse a mask I deleted?
- 12 Is there a character limit for my domain name?
- 13 Can I save a login with an automatically generated mask?
- 14 What happens if I decide to cancel my subscription and switch to the free version of Relay?
- 15 Is there a limitation on Replies I can send?
- 16 Can I attach files to my messages?
- 17 Do you store my emails?
- 18 Where is Relay available?
Can I change an mask that I have automatically generated?
No. Relay masks are generated automatically. Once an mask is generated, it is not possible to change it.
I don't see the icon to generate a new mask in the text field, what can I do?
Sometimes, the Firefox Relay icon is not shown in the email field on some web pages. Right-click on the email field and select Generate new mask from the menu that pops up to see it.
Can I reply to an email from my dashboard?
Currently, it is not possible to reply to an email from the dashboard. With premium, you can reply to forwarded messages in your real inbox. Relay will still hide your real email address when you reply.
Can I use symbols when I create a mask for my domain?
You can use symbols, but not at the beginning or end of your mask.
Can I change the name of my domain later?
It is not possible to change the name of your domain once you have created it.
Which data do you collect and how do I disable data collection?
To learn about the data we collect, visit this page. To disable add-on data collection, follow these steps:
- Click the Relay icon in the toolbar and then click on the gear icon.
- Click the toggle next to Allow Mozilla to collect interaction data to enable or disable data collection.
To prevent mask information like the label name, where the mask was created, and where the mask has been used from being collected to enhance your user experience:
- Visit Settings in the Firefox Relay website.
- Uncheck Allow Relay to collect data showing the sites on which your masks are created and used then click Save. If unchecked, this information will be stored locally in the add-on only.
What is the difference between a regular email mask and a custom domain email mask?
Custom domain email masks work a little differently than regular email masks. You don’t actually need to generate an email address with your custom domain. You just provide an email address @yourcustomdomain and it will instantly be created when you provide it to a service or website. For example, if you are signing up for a newsletter, just enter something like email@example.com and that email mask will instantly be created and added to your Dashboard. This even works when you are away from your computer, out shopping for instance. You can verbally provide something like firstname.lastname@example.org and it will instantly be created when an email is sent to it.
Can I reuse a mask that I already created?
Yes. Click on the Firefox Relay icon that appears in the email field and select a mask from your list of current masks to reuse. If the icon doesn’t show, right-click on the email field and select Use existing mask. Optionally, you can copy the mask directly from your dashboard and paste it into the email field of the website you're visiting.
Can I reuse or generate a mask for any website?
Although Firefox Relay allows you to generate or reuse a mask on most websites, some websites may not allow you to register with a generated mask due to specific email requirements of that website.
Can I reuse a mask that I have disabled?
To reuse a mask that you have disabled, you will have to re-enable it from the dashboard.
Can I reuse a mask I deleted?
If you delete a randomly generated mask, it is not possible to use it or reuse it on any website. Masks created with a custom-generated mask can be reused.
Is there a character limit for my domain name?
Your domain name can be up to 63 characters long.
Can I save a login with an automatically generated mask?
Yes, Relay works well with a password manager to save your generated mask and your password together.
What happens if I decide to cancel my subscription and switch to the free version of Relay?
Unlimited masks: A user will no longer be able to create new masks if they are above 5. Emails will continue to go through the unlimited masks they have created already.
Custom domain mask: A user will still have that dedicated to them, we will not recycle it. Masks created while premium will continue to have emails flow through them. When they are no longer premium, if they try to create a new mask with the custom domain, emails will not flow through.
Replies: A user can no longer reply if they have canceled their subscription.
Is there a limitation on Replies I can send?
A user can send up to 100 replies per day.
Can I attach files to my messages?
Yes. There is a 10 MB attachment size limitation.
Do you store my emails?
We do not read or store any of your messages. In the event that an email cannot be delivered to you, we will keep it on our servers and delete it after it has been delivered (in no event will we hold onto it for more than three days).
Where is Relay available?
Free Relay is available in most countries. Relay Premium is available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, Finland, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands, and Ireland.