With Firefox Relay, all emails sent to your masks are automatically forwarded to your real inbox while keeping your email address private. With a Premium subscription, you can choose to block promotional emails and receive important emails only.
What is promotional email blocking?
Relay Premium subscribers can enable promotional email blocking. This feature will forward you important emails, such as receipts, password resets and confirmations, while still blocking marketing messages.
How does Firefox Relay detect if an email is Promotional or not?
Many emails are sent with “header” metadata to indicate that they are from list-based automated tools. Firefox Relay detects this header data, so it can block these emails.
To activate this filter, follow the steps below:
- Click the Firefox Relay extension in the toolbar.
- If you don't use the Firefox Relay Extension, you can simply open the Firefox Relay page – https://relay.firefox.com/ – and sign in if necessary.
- To install the extension, see How do I install the Firefox Relay Extension on Firefox Desktop? for Firefox and Install the Firefox Relay extension for Chrome.
- Click at the bottom of the panel.
- Choose the mask for which you want to block promotional emails.
- Click the downward arrow to expand the options for that mask.
- Under What emails do you want to block?, drag the slider from None to Promotionals to block marketing emails and potential spam.
- None: will forward all emails sent through your masks to your primary inbox.
- Promotionals: will block spam and promotional emails, and you'll receive important emails only.
- All: will block all emails sent to your masks.