Clear recent searches from the Search bar
- Revision id: 27214
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: New 160 character search summary
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
The Search bar - add, change and manage search engines on Firefox is located to the right of the Location Bar.
Over time, the Search bar history in Firefox can grow quite large. If needed, you can clear items from the Search bar history. This article explains how to do that.
- If you want to clear the Location Bar instead of the Search Bar, see Remove websites from the Awesome Bar suggestions.
- If you want to clear search terms on websites, see Control whether Firefox automatically fills in forms with your information.
Clearing all search items
To clear all items, right-clickhold down the Ctrl key while you click on the input field of the Search bar, and select . Your Search bar history is cleared.
is grayed out, that means there are no items in your search history to clear.
Clearing an individual item
To clear individual items from the Search bar history, click on the Search bar input field. Press the down arrow key to scroll the list of items. To delete the highlighted item, press Shift+Delete.