Clear cookies and site data in Firefox
- Revision id: 15208
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: added Deleting Cookies screenshot for Fx5
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Cookies - Information that websites store on your computer are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status. This article describes how to delete cookies in Firefox.
- To clear your browsing history, cookies, and temporarily cached files at once, see Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox.
- To prevent websites from storing cookies on your computer, see Block websites from storing cookies and site data in Firefox.
Delete cookies for a single site
To delete cookies for one site:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
Select thepanel and go to the History section.
- In the drop-down menu next to Firefox will, choose
. The Cookies window will appear.
- In the Search: field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. The cookies that match your search will be displayed.
- Select the cookie(s) in the list to remove and click
- Select the first cookie and press Shift+End to select all the cookies in the list.
- Click to closeClose the Cookies window.
Delete all cookies
To delete all cookies stored on your computer:
- Click on the menu and select .
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Click to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.