Add the Firefox Search widget to your home screen
This article applies to the latest version of Firefox for Android. Please update your version first to enjoy these features.
Firefox Search lets you search Firefox on your Android home screen without launching the browser. Here's how to add the widget to your home screen to search even faster:
To find out which version of Android you're using, please refer to your device documentation.
Android 5 and up
- Press down on any empty spot on your Android home screen.
- Select Widgets.
- Choose the Firefox Search widget from the list:
- Firefox Search will appear - ready to use - on your home screen.
Prior to Android 5
- On your home screen, tap the All Apps button.
- Tap on the Widgets panel (or swipe to the right to get to it).
- Tap the Firefox Search widget to add it to your home screen. (Tip On some devices, you have to hold the widget down and drag it to your home screen.)