Showing questions for topic:

Recurring Issue with Attachment Button in Thunderbird Desktop

Dear Support Team, I am facing a recurring issue with the Attachment button in the Thunderbird Desktop application for the past few days. When I click the Attachment butt… (read more)

Dear Support Team,

I am facing a recurring issue with the Attachment button in the Thunderbird Desktop application for the past few days.

When I click the Attachment button while composing an email, it does not respond or open the file selection window. However, I am able to attach files successfully by using drag and drop.

After some troubleshooting, I found that deleting the mail.compose.attach.dir preference from the Thunderbird Config Editor resolves the issue temporarily. Once I delete this preference, the Attachment button starts working normally again.

However, after some time, the same issue reappears, and I have to repeat the process of deleting mail.compose.attach.dir from the Config Editor.

Could you please advise on a permanent solution to prevent this issue from recurring? I would appreciate it if you could also let me know whether this is a known Thunderbird issue and if there is any recommended configuration change, update, or fix available.

Thank you for your assistance.

Open 1 1

A problem with sending attachments with an email

Good morning, I am requesting assistance for a recent problem I have encountered sending attachments with email messages I am sending. There is no problem with sending t… (read more)

Good morning,

I am requesting assistance for a recent problem I have encountered sending attachments with email messages I am sending. There is no problem with sending the message itself. And have noticed no problems with receiving messages. When I attempt to send an attachment with a message I am sending, a click on the "attach" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the email screen, provides no response. I didn't notice a problem with this function in past weeks.

I appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Tom Macciaro

Open 1 1

Attach button not working on new emails

The attach button is not working on new emails. I've been dragging files into new emails as attachments. Thunderbird version 157.0.1. When will this bug be fixed? Thank y… (read more)

The attach button is not working on new emails. I've been dragging files into new emails as attachments. Thunderbird version 157.0.1. When will this bug be fixed? Thank you Norm

Open 1 2

Can't add attachment to email message

I can't get an attachment to an email message. When I select the 'attach' button, nothing happens. I recently cloned my C: drive and am concerned that something didn't ge… (read more)

I can't get an attachment to an email message. When I select the 'attach' button, nothing happens. I recently cloned my C: drive and am concerned that something didn't get cloned properly

Open 4 4 10

Unable to attach a document to a return email

I received an email and when I responded to that I need to attach a document. I was unable to attach it. I went to another email and it also would not attach any document… (read more)

I received an email and when I responded to that I need to attach a document. I was unable to attach it. I went to another email and it also would not attach any document???

Open 2 4

Since that last update I can no longer attach files to emails. Can You help?

I did a routine update a day or two ago. Since then I can no longer attach files to emails. Has a setting changed? If so, can you let me know how I can restore this funct… (read more)

I did a routine update a day or two ago. Since then I can no longer attach files to emails. Has a setting changed? If so, can you let me know how I can restore this function? Many thanks, Mark N

Open 1 3

Email attachment - version 153.4.0esr

Hello, after installing Thunderbird version 153.4.0esr, I'm experiencing the following issue: When I create a new message and try to attach a file, it doesn't work. I cli… (read more)

Hello, after installing Thunderbird version 153.4.0esr, I'm experiencing the following issue: When I create a new message and try to attach a file, it doesn't work. I click the “Attach File” icon, but nothing happens. How can I resolve this problem? Thank you

Open 1

ou trouver la version de thunderbird installée ?

Bonjour, Envoyer une piece jointe : aucune réponse à l'appel de la fenêtre "piece jointe" que ce soit par le bouton ou par le menu et ce depuis la mise à niveau de ubuntu… (read more)

Bonjour, Envoyer une piece jointe : aucune réponse à l'appel de la fenêtre "piece jointe" que ce soit par le bouton ou par le menu et ce depuis la mise à niveau de ubuntu 26.04. Merci

Open 1

Sending mail with photos

I use to be able to send photo's but not anymore. I have looked thru all the suggestions but can't find the answer. I am assuming that one needs to use file link, but i… (read more)

I use to be able to send photo's but not anymore. I have looked thru all the suggestions but can't find the answer. I am assuming that one needs to use file link, but if I choose the file link the recipient either doesn't get the email or deletes it because they now don't recognize the sender. If I ignore the file link option the recipient doesn't get the photo just the email body. What has changed in Thunderbird. I use Runbox for my main email and Gmail as alternative.

Open 1

free large video and large file sender to send large files videos in Thunderbird

how much space can i add to Thunderbird if i want to send a video or file without adding a n app r to do it. Where it says add files how much can iput thee can i g… (read more)

how much space can i add to Thunderbird if i want to send a video or file without adding a n app r to do it. Where it says add files how much can iput thee can i go like 500 or more

Open 3

Cannot Save an Embedded Image in 156

In 156, I can no longer click on an embedded image to save the file. It just enlarges the image. I know this has happened and been reported in the past. Are others see… (read more)

In 156, I can no longer click on an embedded image to save the file. It just enlarges the image. I know this has happened and been reported in the past. Are others seeing this same problem now in 156? Thanks!

Open 1

Inline PNG in HTML - Unable to Save Image

Hello, I recently received an email with a PNG attachment. The image rendered inline within the email, but when I moused over the image, my cursor switched to a zoom cur… (read more)

Hello,

I recently received an email with a PNG attachment. The image rendered inline within the email, but when I moused over the image, my cursor switched to a zoom cursor and I was unable to right-click and get a context menu to save the image (right clicking simply zoomed/un-zoomed the image).

Changing the 'Display Attachments Inline' in the view menu did not appear to change anything (it still rendered inline), and to save the PNG I had to switch the rendering to plain text, and then grab the attachment from there.

Have other people seen this behavior?

Open 1 2 20