I need to be able to have multiple profiles open at the same time. Chrome does this. Why won't Firefox?
I knew from years ago that you could have multiple profiles in Firefox, and since Chrome is really choking handling games like Farmville 2 lately (not sure why, but Firefox is Zynga's recommended browser anyway), I decided to set up profiles and profile shortcuts. But there's a BIG problem. With Chrome, when I set up shortcuts to profiles, which Chrome lets you do with one click, by the way, if I have one profile already open, I can open windows in all the separate profiles just by using their shortcuts. In Firefox, I cannot. If I have one profile open, the other shortcuts merely open windows in the same profile already open. This is not acceptable. It's not like the profiles are in the same directory. They're in separate directories and there should be no issue opening two or more profiles at the same time.
You can use the -no-remote command line switch to open another Firefox instance with its own profile and run multiple Firefox instances simultaneously.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Creative Cloud is installed on this machine.v_2_0_0_0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
You can use the -no-remote command line switch to open another Firefox instance with its own profile and run multiple Firefox instances simultaneously.