Firefox 24 is closing every few minutes on all my devices with CM based ROMs (Android 4.2), about:crashes is empty
I installed Firefox 24 to HTC Desire Z running Andromadus ROM build 24test2 (Android 4.2, http://andromadus.flinny.org/) and ASUS Transformer Pad running AOKP port 2013_07_22 (Android 4.2, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2362125) Those ROMs are fully stable and I don't have any issues with them. When I open Firefox and anything, after few minutes, Firefox just closes down or restarts and I have to start from scratch. There is no report about any crashes anywhere. I tries to find some useful info using aLogcat, but there was no relevant record. I use FF Sync, if it matters.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Can you copy and paste what's in about:crashes and post it here?
Hello, sorry for late respond. I should point out it I have problems with Android devices. Of course, I tried reinstallation, but finally, it didn't help. Usually it just closes without crashing at all. But I have to start over again. I have just one crash report, download it, please, from http://soubory.trapa.cz/6151334c-71a3-4bee-b8ff-885fe2130930.pdf (it will be there until end of Oct., then I'll delete it from the server).