This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
if you help me download a server or driver for my printer is it free
i called firefox the other day because my hp 832c deskjet wont print i was told it would cost two hundredand some dollars but that they could do it, i cant afford it and i thought mozilla was a non profit anyway ive had the printer a long time and finally just installed both inks when i try to print it says pending but wont print.
All Replies (3)
Firefox is totally a free web Browser.
As your system details shows you are using an old version of Firefox.
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Mozilla doesn't offer support by telephone for Firefox or any other program. Whoever you called for Firefox support wasn't working for Mozilla, the non-profit organization which owns "Firefox".
Are you really using the Firefox 3.6.17 version that shows in the System Details List?
- Help > About
Did you check the software installation (repositories) of your Linux distribution to see if it offers a driver for you printer?