This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I migrate my Safari bookmarks into my Android tablet and cellular phone? Do I need to 1st convert mySafari bookmarks on my Mackbook to Ff bkmrks ?
How do I PRIVATELY bookmark websearches using the Duck Duck Go search engine(browser?) I want to obscure my online activities from gov't. and. commercial snoops.
All Replies (1)
You can follow the steps below:
- Install Firefox on your Macbook. You can download here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
- Open Firefox and follow the instructions here to import the bookmarks from Safari - Import data from another browser.
- Set up Firefox Sync on your Macbook, Android Tablet and Phone - How do I set up Sync on my computer?
- The bookmarks will be synced from the desktop Firefox on your macbook to the Tablet and Phone.
This method requires your private data to be stored on Mozilla's Sync Server. However the data is stored very securely. See here for more information:
Firefox Sync data is secure - Find out more
The new allegations that the NSA needed Microsoft to work with them to get around outlook.com chat encryption implies that the NSA have no secret way to break standard encryption. Even if your Firefox sync data was taken from the Mozilla servers there would be no way to read the data other than attempting to decrypt it by a brute force attack. Even given enormous computing power this would take many years.
If you want to know more about the strength of the encryption you can see the link here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Weave/Developer/Crypto (Firefox Sync was originally called Weave).
There is also another way of doing this that is entirely offline, doesn't need you to upload your bookmarks anywhere.
- Export bookmarks from safari to HTML
- Install ImportExport Browser Bookmarks android app. [This is a paid app with so-so reviews. Other apps may be available].
- Copy the html file to your android device
- Use the app to import the bookmarks from the html file
- Open Firefox on your Android device and import the bookmarks from Android - Importing Bookmarks and History
Modified by Ed