Downloaded Firefox OS. Now stuck with Ask. Can you help me get rid of it please? Can I go back to previous version of Firefox?
I downloaded Firefox OS. I am now stuck with Ask. How can I get rid of it. Can I go back to previous version of Firefox?
Thanks in advance.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
I think youre taling about Firefox, not Firefox OS. To remove ask follow the steps below.
- Look and delete a user.js file in your profile folder https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-fix-preferences-wont-save#w_user-js-file-overriding-preferences
- use the search reset tool => Search Reset Tool.
- Then uninstall Ask Toolbar from the control panel.
- And run a good scan with Adwcleaner http://general-changelog-team.fr/en/downloads/viewdownload/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
Modified by kobe
Note that you are using a Firefox 23 beta version.
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
You can find the full version of the latest Firefox 22.0 release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here: