Videos plays sound and not the picture in firefox
When I try to watch a video embedded on a blog page, I only get the sound and not the picture. I can watch the same video just fine with Google Chrome
I have resolved the issue by downloading and installing Real Player. I don't know why but the videos now play in Firefox. Thanks for your support and response.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Have you checked with another browser? Does this happen on one page, several pages, most, all pages? Is it just this site, some sits, all sites? Post a link to one of these sites so we can check it.
This happens on different pages on Firefox only. Work fine on Google Chrome. Thanks for your reply.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
I have resolved the issue by downloading and installing Real Player. I don't know why but the videos now play in Firefox. Thanks for your support and response.