There are ads that come up on the right side and bottom of websites when I use Firefox on my computer- right now it seems to be one Windows computer
When I use Firefox on a Windows based computer a side "ad" bar comes up on the right side(if looking at the computer) and one comes up on the bottom that offers other searches similar to the website I am on.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked