How to bypass/disable FF when downloading.
Have FF on Linux/Ubuntu 10.04. Want to disable downloading through FF. Very soon, I'll be upgrading to XBuntu 12.04.2, will I need to repeat disable?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version: 126.96.36.199
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- Version 1.1.13 The Luggage, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
What do you mean by "disable downloading through FF"? How would you like to download files?
Thank You for your reply to my question. I agree with you that disabling the 'add-on" would solve my problem....but not entirely. You see, if I use the add-on blocker, then I'm prohibited from using any add-on! There must be a way to just bypass and/or just disable the download from passing through FF without disabling the entire FF "add-on" menu.