I downloaded adblock add on and it moved my charter e-mail over to the right behind the place where the ad was which turned into a blank space. I uninstalled it
I downloaded adblock add on and it moved my charter e-mail over to the right behind the place where the ad was which turned into a blank space. I uninstalled it but now the ad is back where the blank space is, which is in front of the right half of my e-mail. I downloaded 18 Firefox and it did not fix this, now I have 19 and it is still doing this. ADBLOCK is BAD!!! HELP!!!!
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.113
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hi, there i see your having a problem with ad-blocker try contact them yourself on this address:
Adblock Plus by it itself really doesn't do anything, you need to include filters as well. But you did block something because you mention an empty space. I like to remove the empty spaces left by removed ads. In your Adblock Plus (ABP) in your options turn on "Hide placeholders of all blocked elements". But if I am reading what you wrote correctly it appears that you installed ADP as Adblock is very old and not available at Mozilla Add-ons. But then you uninstalled "it" (meaning ADP). With ADP uninstalled the ad comes back (assuming that what "is" is and should have been "was").
I would suggest looking over the ADP tutorial, which would come up when you install ADP but most tutorials go unread because most other applications don't have them or had lousy tutorials when they had them, you will want to read available information on ADP, the more you read the better you will learn to use it and be able make your own filters.
You want to make sure you are displaying the ADP icon in a toolbar, such as in the Add-ons toolbar.
I have a lot of additional filters that I added myself, but I start with these subscription filters: "EasyList", "Peter Lowe's list", "EasyPrivacy", "Fanboy's Adblock List". Implement them one at a time at least a day apart so will know where something major goes wrong if you have a problem.
This is my take on what you wrote: 1) Had a problem with an advertisement 2) Installed Adblock Plus 3) Can't understand put "Charter email" (guess that is the name of your email application and didn't recognize it because never heard of it)
behind a space where an ad was (so now your page obscures your email) -- something is not clear here.
4) Uninstalled Adblock Plus, so the ad came back, which would not be a surprise, so I'm sure I misunderstand that part as well. What is unclear is if you have used ADP before or it is your first time.
It is often harder to ask a question that can be understood than for others to answer, but trying to avoid ambiguity and better explaining what you know or don't know, what you tried, what it is that doesn't work would help a lot.