I ran a cleaning program on my Mac (MacKeeper), and now Firefox isn't working properly (pages don't fully load, certain videos don't play, etc).
Everything was working fine until I ran a free version of MacKeeper a few days ago. Basically, there are certain pages that don't fully load anymore: Facebook will load the basic page, but comments don't appear, I can't check notifications, I can't send/receive messages; several websites only appear as text on blank background, while others (like this one) appear to be normal; certain videos won't play; etc.
I tried re-downloading Firefox, but that didn't fix anything. Safari still works fine on my computer, but I hate using Safari. And I've personalized Firefox so much that I don't want to lose it.
I'm using a Mac OS X, Version 10.5.8 Processor 2.16 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
If there is any help anyone can offer, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Additional System Details
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.1990
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.