After pressing "Run" button to install latest version of Flash nothing happens.
I have the latest version of Firefox, and have Windows XP 32-bit. Opened computer yesterday, got box telling me to update to latest version of Flash (11.6.602.158). Went to Adobe screen to download, pressed open from download, pressed "Run" in "Run" box and nothing happened. I waited an extra bit of time to see if perhaps to see if the install would take place. No install. Can't get past "Run". Went to Add-on Manager. Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502 is active.
In the past Flash has seemlessly updated without a glitch. What can I do to get the latest version of Shockwave Flash to get past "Run" ie to install, as it has in the past? Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 18.104.22.16892
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- Intel Indeo® video 5.1 PD Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Download the Flash
- Firefox Menu/Orange button > Exit
and install the flash
Try to run the Flash installer as Administrator (right-click: Run as Administrator).