If I am on Website A, where/how can I simply enter the address for Website B and hit Enter to get there?
Firefox appears to have made some changes in the last couple of weeks. In the past, if I were on, say, the Bank of America website, bankofamerica.com would appear in one of the lines at the top left portion of the screen. When I finished my business with B of A, I could erase or overtype that address, type in the address of the website I wanted to visit next-- americanexpress.com, ubs.com, etc.,--hit Enter, and I would be connected to the new website. It appears to me that this capability no longer exists; if it does, I don't know how to use it. I also cannot find any back or forward arrows allowing one to move between screens. If the features I've mentioned are, in fact, still available, please tell me how to use them.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- Firefox > Options
- "View > Toolbars"
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up