PRINT to PDF - how to retain links as links and images as images
I print webpages to PDF all the time. but it is not very good from fiefox for me, because of 3 reasons
1 the links on the webpage dont stay as hyperlinks in the PDF file (I test by clicking on the link in the pdf, it is blue and underlined, but does not go anywhere when clicked). This happens 100% time
2 the images dont say as images in the pdf (I test by click hold image on the iphone and if its an image, the popup will be save to image to camera roll) - this fails to happen. This happens 100% time
3 the layout is not IDENTICAL to the webpage. This happens about 50% time
so my workaround has been to 1 highlight the desired text 2 click email button (an add-on) 3 cut pasted the selected text to email 4 send to myself 5 print the email to pdf and it works...
so this is a wee clunky .... and clogs up my mailbox a little more than i desire... SO any ideas for better options.... ???
thankyou in advanced.
fyi I checked follwowing post and it did not help https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/941692?esab=a&as=aaq and in about:config I could not find any setting controlling hyperlinks images default to print selected only
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
try safe mode to see if it's a plugin causing the issue
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
sorry unhelpful as this has nothiing to do with something std broken. i think its std ffox to work this way. i just not happy with std print to pdf ffox functionality.
Modified by parkerdude