Running Firefox 6.1.8 on a Mac with OS 10.4.11. My bookmarks have disappeaed .json files are blank. Any ideas how I can retreive bookmarks?
I am running Firefox 3.6.18 on Mac OS 10.4.11. My precious bookmarks have disappeared. I find that the j.son documents in the bookmark back up file are blank. I have tried to access the places.sqlite files in profiles but they appear as jumbled code (some bookmarks from Safari are however there).Does anyone have any ideas how I can retrieve my bookmarks? I'm not technical so layman's terms would be appreciated.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 7.0.9
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18
Hello Shona37a, if you have the places.sqlite file probably you are ok. the places.sqlite file can be edit with SQLite Manager or a specialized editor BUT you can move it to a new profile, see informatinos in the above link.
also think if you must go to TenFourFox for PowerPC's running Mac 10.4.11 & 10.5.8 , it is more secure from your 3.6.18 that is unsupported.
Modified by ideato