I get a message - Adobe can't download a PDF with this browser - download by your browser and the try to then open the PDF open the PDF
I am using Firefox 17.0.1 for the MAC - I have no idea about how I would go about downloading the information to then open the PDF
This is a new problem because in the past I have been able to open PDF's and I can open saved PDF's
Additional System Details
- Version 126.96.36.19909
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.5
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- npmnqmp 071706000001
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Check your Plugin
Make use of Adobe Reader to View and Download PDF.
Otherwise, Make use of FOXIT Reader.
Try to disable the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) and use the external Adobe Reader application or Preview application instead.
- Firefox > Preferences > Applications > Adobe PDF document : Use Adobe Reader
PDF files may also be found under another entry like Portable document.
Thanks - seems to work - surprised that an Adobe add on would cause the problem
I have tried all the recommendations I've seen such as switching to the Adobe reader external program. I also tried to install another plugin I was led to on this site. Nothing works.
In fact Firefox is becoming decreasingly useful. I think they are getting to cute and making this browser to cumbersome and buggy. For example, I an no longer download statements directly from Bank of America's site into my financial app. Now I have to manually download the file and click on it. It used to download and automatically open up.
I have a feeling my days of using Firefox are numbered, which is sad because I've been favoring Mozilla browsers since Netscape was new.