My firefox crashes withou displaying a crash message, freezes and does not respond majority of the time. what is wrong and what do i do?
When i start Firefox it either 1) crashes, no crash message displayed. just closes as if nothing happened. 2) freezes, doesn't respond to anything and i have to "kill" it with task manager because if it froze and i try to click elsewhere like to show desktop or on another task it freezes the entire computer. It freezes in 3 ways: 1) is when i just opened it and it freezes immediately 2) when i click on it, or start typing some address into the bar 3) when i press enter after I've typed the URL in the address bar. my Firefox doesn't have any add-ons, or anything else. i already re-installed it 2 times, cleared cache, history, reset all settings. still crashes
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- Contribute Firefox IBE Plugin DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
i have Windows XP 64 bit.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.