Sync prevents you from typing in new bookmark folder names
If you try and enter a new folder name for a Bookmark, you have a few seconds before it stops allowing you to enter characters. This then requires you to organise bookmarks, select the incomplete folder and rename it - all together a very painful process. It appears to be Firefox sync doing this - presumably it has noticed a change and started the sync process. Can you add a delay timer to allow people to change folder names before the sync starts?
All Replies (4)
That's totally weird. It does seem to be sync related. I was able to double click the title after it gets locked down and was able to keep typing for as long as I wanted. That's a little easier than fixing it later.
Thanks for letting us I know. I see if there is a bug on file for this or if we need to file a new one.
This bug?
- bug 724386 - Adding new bookmark - bug with the name of new folder
Thanks cor-el!
Yes, that describes the problem.