How do I get rid of the complitly search bar...I've tried everything I can think of. Is it a malware?
It is just a search bar in upper right hand corner. I did not install it and cannot delete it. I saw it mentioned on the internet that it might be connected with a malware. I don't remember where I found a list of search bars but I even clicked on the box to remove the 'complitly' search bar but nothing happened. I have used several scanners looking for malware but nothing shows up.
Additional System Details
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_01 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Try the recommendations here: Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware
Also, even after removing things from your computer it could still have an extension installed. See Disable or remove Add-ons for instructions.
If you're still looking to disable the service, we’ve made it easy with detailed instructions on our support page at: http://Complitly.com/howtoremove.aspx
The uninstall obviously dosent work mate otherwise the forums wouldnt be full with manual uninstall instructions. Complitly is malware that installs without confirmation and purely hinders any search you do online. It wont get off my pc for over 6 months now and honestly can say have ruined my day.
Complitly is a virus.