how can I activate AVG antivirus add on with firefox version 10 as this is my protection?
I have AVG antivirus software as an add on - this worked with the previous version of firefox but no longer works with version 10. I use to find the information as to the safety of sites a major help as to whether to visit the sites or not. Is there any way I can reincorporate the AVG add ins or is there an alternative?
I have also lost HP smart web printing - is there a way I can re-instate or is there an equivalent?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Version 126.96.36.19951
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
Recently there have been issues when upgrading Firefox if the add-ons were not compatible. So now they make sure to tell you when add-ons are not compatible with the latest version- so you aren't surprised when they do not work. Unfortunately it is up to the creator of the add-on to make it compatible with Firefox, the browser can only tell you what is intended to work.
I am not familiar with alternatives to AVG or HP smart web printing. Perhaps you can browse the add-ons site to see if you can find something similar?
gramandy -- FYI, both AVG Safe Search and HP Smart Web Printing has not been compatible with FF since FF 9.0. I doubt they are going to fix them anytime soon since it has been so long (AVG has come up couple of program updates since then and the add-on still hasn't been fixed). And also since they are both released by specific company, I doubt you can find any other add-ons to replace them.