Audio does not work on Merriam Webster pronunciation guide.
The audio pronunciation guide on Merriam Webster is not working when I try to use it on Firefox. It works on Safari.
Additional System Details
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
That is a .wav file.
Is .wav enabled for the QuickTime plugin on the about:plugins page?
You can open about: pages via the location bar like you open a website.
I checked and Quick Time is enabled but it's still not working.
What happens if you paste the .wav URL in the location bar and press Enter (Return) or click the Go button?
Do you get a download dialog?
Does it work if you start Firefox as a 32 bit application?
- Close Firefox
- Start the Finder and open the Applications folder
- Right click or control-click the Firefox.app icon
- Select "Get Info"
- Select or Deselect "Open in 32-bit mode"
- Close the "Firefox Info" window
- Restart Firefox